Monday, February 21, 2005

Scuba Lesson Two and Dinner with the ol' Foggies

Woke up early yesterday morning as we had to go for breakfast before our scuba diving lessons. Rudy picked us up at 10 am. Went to Lotus for Maggi Mee Goreng and we headed off to Wan Yee's place for a quick angpow raid. Wan Yee didn't join us because he had to go to work, chop chop kinda thing. He went to Subang, took a few photos and back to Bangsar.

Made our way to Rudy's office to pick up his cheque for Citibank, yeap, it's that time of the month again for him. Then it was off to Wisma Cosway to meet Choy, our instructor. Got into our wetsuits, this time I just wore the trunks. Yes, it was much more comfortable. He gave us a quick refresh course on last two week's lesson and how we assembled and disassemble our dive equipment. Then he taught us how to wear the gear with a dive buddy. This time, we did the proper decent into the water, he showed us two ways of diving in. I liked the splash technique, something called the octopus or something. Though I did hit my head on the cylinder. That was painful!

But we did a few more lessons on decending and accending. How we should position our hand and all. Borrowed Zoe's mask as Wan Yee used the one that I was using last time cause he wore contacts this time. We learnt the dreaded lesson today, the clearing of masks underwater. At first I didn't think it was possible, but heck it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Though I'd imagine it will sting worst in salt water if water got into the eyes!

Wan Yee and I ordered a set of boots and masks, a total of RM 210.00. Not too bad, as these items are the more essential ones. Though I was picking between the nicer looking mask, which was lighter and made of polycarb lenses instead of the bulky durable looking one. But in the end I took the uglier looking one as it came with a case. The lighter one didn't.

Finished our lesson at almost 2.30pm. Rudy made a pitstop at Citibank and we headed to Bangsar for the usual banana leaf rice. Proud of myself as I didn't take the serving of fried chicken. After that, straight home got my keys and headed for Wai Sum's open house. Though I was over 2 hours late, nevertheless I still got there. Better late than never, right?

We had our annual gambling session there, blackjack and Chor Dee. There was no mahjong table though. Dang, I remembered I saw one there the last time. Looks like the people who played it didn't come or have gone home. I did arrive late. Looks like luck wasn't favouring me yesterday. But it was an enjoyable time.

Then it was back home for a quick shower and off to Merv's place. Surprising turn of events when we our dinner plans with the guys turned out to be the dinner plans with the ol' Foggies. Yes, people from our dad's era! My dad didn't come, though Uncle Jack, Uncle Sam, Uncle Roger and Aunty Irene, and Uncle Chan Kong who's back from Canada. Dinner was in our usual duck fest place a.k.a. Sek Yuen Restaurant. There were 13 of us and we had 2 ducks, on top of a fish, some cooked oyster dish with fatt choy, a whole chicken, stir fried lettuce, venison, and yee sang. All I saw was duck, duck and more duck!

We adjourned to Merv's place after that for our tiling session. Wan Yee got his wish by playing against Khay Hoi and I. They both won money, though I didn't lose big. Managed to pull back in the end. All in all, I must add that it's not been a luck day in terms of gambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home