Thursday, June 02, 2005

O2 XDA Mini

www.GSMArena.com Posted by Hello


It's been a while since I've posted anything up on the blog. It's mainly because I've been busy attending interviews and also managing to find the time to complete God of War. I had a job offer last week, a company selling photocopy machines. I thought to myself, "I know I've gotta start work soon, but selling photocopy machines???"

Anyway, I attended an interview with a Hong Kong based company on Monday. They have an opening for someone in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods division. Since that's the field that I want to get into, this is the job that I've been waiting for. The first interview went very well. The manager informed me that she'll need to forward my particulars to HK before they can arrange for a telephone interview. Now this is going to be my frist time having my boss interview me over the telephone. Since the HQ is based in HK, I think I may be required to speak Cantonese. Ain't a problem, I think...

Decided that it's been two years since I last purchased a phone, and seeing the gang switching phones one after another, I decided it's high time that I do so. Was going over a few models, but I narrowed it to a PDA phone. I wanted a Pocket PC, and there was no doubt about that. The IPaq phones are pretty impressive but I don't think I wanna be spending over RM 3,000 plus on one of these babies. Next in line was the O2 XDA range amnd lastly the Motorola A780. The Motorola actually caught my eye, but the price of this phone has changed 5 times over the last few weeks. It originally retailed at RM 2,480. I went to the shops again and they told me that there was an offer and that they have reduced the price to RM 2,150. I returned a week later and now it was retailing for RM 2,088. It's falling like a rock. I don't know the reason why, but the design didn't really catch my eye.

I've been eyeing the O2 XDA mini ever since it came out. I was always complaining that the older O2 XDA units were bulky or just plain huge. A friend of mine was using the o2 XDA, and it was huge! I don't know if it supported Bluetooth cause everytime the phone was used, there was a huge oily face print on the unit. It wasn't huge on battery-life either. Now, on the looks department, the O2 XDA mini is really like one that has undergone a slimming program and it actually looks sexy. It's shaped just nicely to fit your palm and it doesn't get too bulky when you put it in the pocket. Now, that's what I call a Pocket PC! Not some huge thing like the older O2 XDA.

I also bought an SD Wifi card for wireless connectivity. What's the point of having a PDA if you can't go online? But at the end of the day, the phone and the card set me back a total of RM 2,930. For that price I might as well paid a little more and gone for the O2 XDA IIs. Oh well, the mini's sufficient for the time being and like I said the size is just petite.

However, I've found a few set backs after using it for a day. The cellphone reception is really bad, especially if you walk around the room and talk. There are times when I have no reception at all, that's the worst time ever. I was walking around the living room and there was no cellphone reception. With my other cellphones, there were no reception problems in my house. Somebody's gotta get a booster for the cellphone signal on the mini.

Looks like I will be starting work on Friday. The telephone interview is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and the KL side is pretty happy with my credentials. Looks like I'll have to get used to waking up early in the mornings again. Back to the work force!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home