Monday, June 13, 2005

Traffic Wasn't That Bad... But It's Better To Leave Early Than Late

So school's back in session. I made sure I left at 8.10 am this morning. I even decided to take the route that Wan Yee suggested, which is through Brickfields and off to Jalan Hang Tuah and heading towards Sungai Wang/Lot 10's Jalan Sultan Ismail. Strange enough, the route was pretty packed, but it was moving.

I was stuck at Jalan Hang Tuah right after Victoria Institution when I saw someone from the next car looking at me. I didn't recognize the Yellow Hyundai Getz, but I did recognize the bubbly person waving at me. It was Dawn! Of all the places I bump into her, it's in traffic!

She's on holiday before she starts her new job and her office will be located along Jalan Raja Laut. Good luck getting there in morning traffic! Managed to chat with her and updated her that I was already working. She's on her way to Penang and Redang. The person who owns that yellow Getz was her sister, Louise.

Amazing how you can just wind down your window and start chatting away in the middle of morning grid lock. It was fun chatting with her, but as soon as the light turned green I told her to enjoy her holidays and slammed on the gas. Didn't wanna be late for the first day of the second week. Rushed through traffic and it started raining. Thought to myself, now wouldn't it be nice if I was still in bed and enjoying the weather. Sigh...

I got to the parking lot at 8.40am and got into office by 8.55am. I would say, mission accomplished. So, it took me half and hour after all. Looks like Wan Yee's route does work! I think I shall be sticking to this route for the rest of the working days. Turns out, my senior was late, he only got to the office at 9.25am. All I heard him in the morning was, "Why so fucking jam? What the fuck is wrong with traffic? Why so fucking jam???!"

I was thinking to myself, "Duh! It's the first day of school, what else do you expect?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home