Sunday, February 27, 2005

Lemon Garden and the Chocolate Fountain

Yes, finally set foot in the Lemon Garden, Shangrila K.L. Have heard Merv and Wan Yee talk about this place like forever and yesterday was the first time I got to experience the good food that was layed out. We were there to celebrate Shahzima's birthday. Wan Yee picked up Zoe and came to get me after that.

Got there at 8pm and we headed for Lemon Garden as Rudy, Shahz and Kelvin were there arleady. It didn't take long before Chee Peng and Azuan. Merv arrived later because he had to oversee some repairs Now the spread was very impressive, and it's one of the best buffet spreads that I've seen. Started off with Oysters, mussels and roast beef. The next plate that I took had sashimi (tuna and salmon) and two pieces of tuna sushi. Walked over to the soup section, picked up a bowl of wild mushroom soup and next to it the cook recommended some Yabbies (crayfish or also known as Bray Bugs). Took a helping of that, and it was excellent! The last time I had the Yabbies was in Brisbane's Seafood Festival. Then I moved on to more roast beef, two pieces of lamb, some potatoes (which I overdid!) and some cherry tomatoes and brocolli because I felt guilty of the red meat.

It didn't take me to move on to desserts. Desserts is Stressed spelt backwards and all this job hunting has made me craved for many sweet stuff. Behold, the chocolate fountain! It was a work of art! Brilliant! I made my way to the fountain and I noticed this guy who took a helping of ice-cream. He got the idea of putting chocolate into his ice-cream and tried to guide it with a stick of wafer roll sort of like flowing water with a stick or something. Seemed like a brilliant idea until when he placed the wafer towards the chocolate fountain and before he knew it, the force of the chocolate fountain forced his wafer roll off the ice-cream and into the fountain! I couldn't help but rush back to my table laughing!

Back to the story the chocolate fountain was probably the best part of the whole dinner. Had a few helpings of strawberries, honey dew, puff pastries, marshmallows, grapes and some shortbread. All together it was 3 helpings at the chocolate fountain. Sinful!

But the final verdict is this place is a must go for buffet lovers! No doubt about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home