Thursday, March 03, 2005

Buzz! Buzz! Noisy compressor

Sigh, it's back to the aircond problems with my car again. I've been to that aircond shop 3 weeks in a row. So far, they've managed to rectify the problem but now I end up with a noisy compressor. This really sucks, but as long as the aircond is not blowing hot air, I can live with it for the time being. Anyone who knows a good aircond place in KL, which does not charge ridiculous prices... please let me know!

Was supposed to go for the walk in Taman Tun but ended up giving it a miss. I was really quite tired from running around and travelling back and forth from the aircond place. Plus the hot weather didn't help much either. Drove the car there in the morning and the guy just released some excess gas from the a/c. It worked for a while, but later when I got back to Bangsar to have an early lunch with Zoe the a/c started acting up again. Hot! Hot! Hot!

After lunch I headed back to the shop. Complained about the problem and the guy told me that they will add a control valve to the compressor. According to him, this is a rotary unit which does not work well when there's too much gas. Hmm, that's the first time I'm hearing about this. I don't know much about a/c units, so I'm just taking all this with a pinch of salt.

Wan Yee came to pick me up when I sent the car there for the second time. We headed for Sungai Wang as he wanted to have lunch and pick up some stuff from Low Yat. I just tagged along as it was no fun staying in that shop.

After Wan Yee's lunch he dropped me off at the shop, and I was told that my car was ready. I paid the fella RM 55.00 for the control valve and I was off to Mobil in Brickfields for a quick car wash. Geraldine called for coffee, just when they started washing my car. Told them that I needed to leave in a hurry so they just washed and dryed the car. I wanted them to vacuum the interior but I guess I'll just have to do that some other time. On the way to BSC, the car's a/c started to blow hot air again. Plus the noisy compressor didn't help matters.

So as I've said, I'm stuck with a problematic a/c unit in my car. After I drove the car home, the a/c unit was alright again. I have no idea what is going on but since it is working I think I'll just have to live with the noisy compressor. Thankfully it's just noisy when the car is iddling. Otherwise it's really irritating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home