Monday, March 07, 2005

The Lessons are Over... Finally!

Yesterday was the last of our scuba diving pool sessions. Now we are awaiting our certification, which will take place in Pulau Payar in about two week's time. The last session was a little different as we had less interaction with Choy. Instead, the dive instructor this time was none other than our very own Zoe. It's a little strange to take instructions from her. But we just did everything that we have learnt over the last two sessions.

First of course was to get into the skin-tight wetsuit. Dammit, it's still a tight tuck, wearing an S size. But today we had our own boots, which made the fit into the fins a little more comfortable. My toes were aching over the last two sessions. So we had to check our gear, checked our air supply, bla.. blaaa... blaaaaa....

Anyway, got through that part quickly, and into the pool we went! Ahhh, the feeling of pure oxygen (pure here meaning that it was compressed air comprising of Oxygen, Nitrogen and Hydrogen) into my lungs. So we did a refresher course, this time no one showed us the procedures. Luckily the guys went through it with me over breakfast. Otherwise I don't even remember what I have learnt. Though staring at this cute chiq over the next table in Lotus restaurant didn't help much either. I praise God for the invention of Oakley's Plutonite glasses. Besides looking really cool through those reflective lenses, you could go bird watching without being caught red-handed!

You know, I think chiqs have a sixth sense. Clearly she knows I was staring at her, but because she couldn't catch my eyes in action, she didn't have any reason to believe that I was. I could see her looking at my direction every now and then. My eyes were locked on her, but at the same time I was staring in the direction of Wan Yee and Rudy, while talking to them about the dive procedures. Sweet!

The lesson was fairly quick this time. We finished in under an hour and Choy showed us a tape of dive safety, the last of the series. Funny he should mention that we can't drink alcohol before the dive trips. He says that the diver must be well rested and should have no hang-overs for the dive trips. Damn, I suppose sex with a hot chiq is out of the question too? Hmm, I think the answer to that question would be, "Do it in moderation?"

We had lunch at Merv's place later where we related a very funny dream of Rudy's to him. I shall not mention it here as to keep the names confidential.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pulau Payar lah.. I just caught a photo of it on my company calendar. Looks gorgeous! I hope it hasn't changed.

And.. pure oxygen will kill you. :D

And.. no wonder you didn't mind taking our time at breakfast. :P

10:52 AM  
Blogger HT said...

Well as mention by myuu, I've made some changes to the posting. Yes, it's Pulau Payar, so sue me cause I left the R out. And I've also mentioned that what I meant by pure oxygen was actually just compressed air. BUt nevertheless it still feels nice to suck all that air in. Makes you kinda light headed after a while. Hmmmmm.

Taking our time at breakfast? Well that was part of the plan. We were also early for the lesson anyway. Why not enjoy the view?

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home