Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Rudy!

Should have written this yesterday, but all I could do was just hit the bed. It was Father's Day yesterday and it was also Datuk Rudy's birthday. Since my mum is still in Ipoh and my sis gone MIA with bf, me dad didn't feel like going out. I asked if he wanted to go to Merv's shop for lunch and he said he just felt like staying at home.

Ever since I've started working, I find it harder and harder to sleep in on Sundays. It's probably because I've been waking up at 6.45am every other except Sundays. This is really bad, and to think that I usually slept till like 1pm in the afternoon before waking up. Hey, it's 11am Brisbane time, so technically I'm still waking up before noon.

Anyway since I woke up at 9.30am yesterday, I decided to give the car a good polish since the paint work was starting to look dull. Even polished the tyres with some tyre wax and after that polished my shoes. Damn, come to think of it, yesterday was covered with a whole lot of shinning.

After lunch, watched the Interpreter, which was not interesting at all. Whole lot of drama and basically I lost interest halfway. I kept looking to see when the freaking movie would finish. If it weren't for Kidman, I think I would have shut it off after the opening. I nearly fell asleep watching it and find myself opening my eyes wide whenever Kidman came on the screen. Continued playing Revenge of the Sith on the PS2. Finished about half of the game, reaching the culling in the Jedi Temple. It's good to be on the Dark Side.

Dinner plans were decided by the birthday boy. Since the usual gang could not be rounded up due to Father's day celebrations / other commitments, it was just the five of us. Myself, Merv, Gary, Wan Yee and the Datuk himself. Gave him a choice of Roast Duck or Mud Crabs, and after contemplating for a while the crabs got to him. Mud crabs it was! Drove to Subang near Terminal 2 for the usual Lala Chong Restaurant but it was packed. It was slightly before 8, so the large crowd is normal for weekends. We drove a little further and found another restaurant. The food was good, nothing to complain about except for the Marmite (Vegemite) Crabs. Yea, to think that I hated Vegemite in Aussie, here I am eating Marmite Crabs. We ordered Sweet and Sour Crabs, a plate of vegetables, some clams and fried sotong (calamari). On the side we ordered some fried 'mantau' (sweet bread), though the ones that we ordered in a restaurant near Tropicana was a lot nicer.


After that, we headed to Starbucks Kiara for drinks and called it a night. The trip there wasn't all that dull. With Wan Yee and Gary driving, both the F1 driver wannabes decided to push their cars. Wan Yee's excuse was wanting to rev his car a little higher than usual and Gary's was more towards chasing Wan Yee. It wasn't all that uneventful when Gary nearly overtook Wan Yee when he maxed out at 140 km/h. Blame it on his 4-speed auto transmission.

Darn, come to think of it time does go by faster on Sundays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home