Sunday, June 26, 2005

Initial D... Love it or hate it

Managed to catch Initial D on the opening day. It was a mad rush as TGV is the only cinema showing the movie exclusively. Normally I'd choose to go to GSC, which has more comfortable seats.

I won't go much into the movie but the cinematography is excellent. I must admit, I had quite a high expectation of the movie since it was directed by the same directors of Infernal Affairs. The cinema was packed to the brim and there were no empty seats at all.

I caught Batman Begins on Wednesday but to compare both the movies I would prefer to watch Initial D again. It's entertaining and funny, but alas it's in Cantonese so most of the translated jokes would not come out the same. For the fans of Mr. Jay Chou, yes, he speaks Cantonese! It's a good effort by him since he speaks Mandarin all the time. The accent was a lot better than when I first heard Shu Qi speak Cantonese. I nearly fell of the seat!

Though I missed the drift events organized in Bandar Utama, I'm glad that I didn't miss the movie. The story has been changed a little so don't expect too much straight out from the anime. Most important of all, the drift scenes were all real! None of the CGI crap that the older car movies had.

Bottom line, Fast and Furious, take this in your face!

Hmmm, I wonder if they'll make an English version of the film?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home